Wednesday 28 September 2016

Film Plot Final Update

After doing some research on narrative theories and having time to apply this to my film, I've decided to do this blog post explaining exactly what is going to happen in my film so that I can move on to creating storyboards and looking more in depth at the ancillary products.

The narrative theory I decided to best apply to my film was Barthes theory, as it focuses around an enigma (mystery) which is best suited for the type of film I want to create.

The theme of my film is going to be very modern and specifically aimed at the youths of today's generation, because they will understand the references made throughout the film and also what happens.

The genre of my film is mostly thriller, with a mystery being created around the story line. It may have aspects of horror but will mostly focus around the unexpected things that happen, rather than making it scary.

The film itself will follow a girl who will be the primarily main character. I've decided to name her character Clare. She will be shown at the start as being quite a lonely character, and having no friends and nothing to do with her spare time. As a result of this, she spends all of her free time on her laptop, where she begins to join online chat rooms to talk to people. After a while, she meets a boy on this chat room website called Tom, who treats her really well and makes her feel needed and loved. Due to the lack of love and care shown to her from people, this is a shock to Clare and she is very happy. Tom is also happy, and asks Clare to meet up with him in the woods soon to have a walk together, and she agrees straight away, desperate to see him. She arrives in the woods expecting him to arrive, but she is instead greeted by a threatening looking character in a black hoodie. He approaches Clare and brutally stabs her. He then runs away into the woods. The audience will most likely expect this character to be Tom, the boy she was talking to online, but it is in fact not. Tom then emerges from the woods ready to meet Clare, and finds her dead. The scene will then fade out and show a policeman sitting down with Clare's Mum to explain the news of her death.

Reflective Comment:
This was a very needed post in order to move onto other aspects my film. I think that I included a good amount of detail here, and it gave me a complete understanding of what will happen in my production. With this now done, I can move onto developing the characters I've mentioned here and look at how similar products portray these characters and how they are shown in other films.

No comments:

Post a Comment