Thursday 3 November 2016

Script Writing

I've decided that the next logical step is to write a script for my film so when I talk to my actors about their roles I can go through exactly what they need to say. I was going to use a website called Celtx to do this, but I can't quite figure out how to use it for free instead of needing to pay. Because of this, I'm just going to write it onto a word document and print it out. The pictures of my printed script can be seen below. One of my other A Levels is Creative Writing, which means I am very familiar with the layout and structure of a script:





As you can see, in the script I included the speech that happens in the chat room, because without them the script may have been a bit bare. I think that the script itself is very good and goes through the film well, outlining what happens and what is said. I may come back to it and add parts or remove them when it comes to filming if some parts seem too short or too long.

Reflective Comment:
Completing the script was something I'm very glad I've gotten done. This may be a first draft or the finished version, depending on how the filming goes when using this script. I think its structured well and includes general conventions that a script would have (INT. EXT.). To make this script better, I could have included more details in the descriptive part, however I think the amount I included was good and covers the main areas of the film well and successfully. I think this script will be good for my production.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent why don't you get some audience feedback on this? How are the new and improved storyboards coming along?

    ReplyDelete