Wednesday 22 February 2017

The Stranger Draft 2

With a first draft completed, I've now moved on and added some music at the start and end of my film to experiment and see how it fits. At the start of the film, I've added some copyright free music I found from research online. I used a website called Purple Planet (http://www.purple-planet.com/horror-old/4583971268), which had a number of free soundtracks I could use, specifically scary sounding tracks. I used one called 'Insidious', and put it at the start of my film just to see how it would fit with the opening scene. I then took the already recorded guitar tracks I created with my Dad and began playing around with them and seeing how they sounded at the end of my film where we see Clare's Mum over her dead daughters grave. I found that these all worked well and helped create a more sad ending. For this draft, I've added the 'Insidious' music at the start, and also one of the guitar tracks at the end just to show how my piece will look with some music. However, I do still need to record the foley sounds and add them in, so this is by no means a final draft.
The second draft is embedded below using Vimeo again.
Media from Josh Coe on Vimeo.

Reflective Comment:
I am much more happy with my piece now that I've added some music. I am not entirely sure whether or not the music featured in this draft will be used for the final one, because I do still plan to play around with some more tracks to ensure that it sounds and fits as well as it can. This draft could have been better with some foley sounds throughout, however I haven't quite got around to recording them yet, but as soon as I did I will create a third draft with these added in and perhaps some different sound tracks just to show how I have tried different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment